Friday, October 12, 2012

How This Came to Be

The other night I was at a lodge meeting and met with with the developer of the Awesome Local Eats app who just happens to also be a brother of the lodge.  As we chatted someone at the table asked me, "how did you come up with this."  A simple question but one I realize now I hadn't really addressed yet.

Simply put I hated my job.  A little over 3 years ago I was working as a billing agent in a call center and I absolutely HATED my job.  I was new to owning an I phone and figured there had to be a way to make a buck on the app market.  I had knocked around a few ideas but nothing ever seemed to be worth the effort to  following through with.  So I placed the concept of making my millions in the app world on the back burner and went about being yelled at for a living for another year or so.

I started thinking that there had to be a way, someway to combine my love of traveling, great food and talking to people and eventually I came up with what is now Awesome Local Eats.  I approached an acquaintance who I knew was doing app development to see if he was interested.  Though he was he declined due to work and family commitments and asked if he could pass this on to a mutual friend to review.  I agreed and 2 weeks later I received an email from Gerald which was followed by a phone call were the idea was knocked around a bit.  now, after 9 months of development, evaluation, overhaul and countless emails and phone calls we have an app.

It is still in its infancy and is a far cry from being a blockbuster in app sales but I hope to change that in the near future.  With any luck I will be able to turn this into my full time job and spend my days travelling to cities and small towns meeting people over a great meal at a local restaurant that only the locals know.

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

Have a great day and as always...Eat Like A Local!



P.S.  you may follow this link www.facebook.com/Awesomelocaleats to "LIKE" our page on facebook and follow us on Twitter ast @EatLikeALocal.

The app is now available on both the Apple App Store and Android Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment